Gangster suits

  • nomacproductions2002
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 16 1:54 PM
      I am costuming a production of 'Guys & Dolls' and would like to
      purchase wide pinstripe suits.
      These need to be very obvious , in the stripe.
      I would appreciate any help you can offer!
      Nomac2
    • Crystal Denton
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 16 3:15 PM
        You are purchasing, renting or making?
        Crystal
        I am costuming a production of 'Guys & Dolls' and would like to
        purchase wide pinstripe suits.
        These need to be very obvious , in the stripe.
        I would appreciate any help you can offer!
        Nomac2

        Performing arts center

      • K Murphy
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 16 3:27 PM
          If you are interested in the zoot suit look, that may be your best bet for purchasing a wide, obvious pinstripe. I would do a websearch and also contact formal wear outlets that will sell these used (perhaps new if you've the budget!)

          I don't know where you are located, but deep discount men's stores or department stores (even better if they're located in ethnic neighborhoods) sometimes will carry very colorful men's suits at very low cost. I've found them at Value City, A.J. Wright, and a J.C. Penny outlet here in Chicago -- usually for less than $85.

          If you want more "straight" looking suits you can still try the deep discount stores, but avoid the Box Chains like Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Target -- they never carry suits.

          Good luck. If you find a great source online, let us know!

          nomacproductions2002 <nomac2@...> wrote:
          I am costuming a production of 'Guys & Dolls' and would like to
          purchase wide pinstripe suits.
          These need to be very obvious , in the stripe.
          I would appreciate any help you can offer!
          Nomac2

          Performing arts camp Performing arts schools Center for the performing arts Performing arts center