RE: [TheCostumersManifesto] Roman Helmet Brisels

  • eshchory
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 15, 2006
      I don't know if they would have long enough 'hairs' but you might consider
      the brush strip you attach to the bottom of doors to make them
      draught-proof.

      EstherS

      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 15, 2006
        ALOHA: I made a silver cloth Roman helmut, and for the "ruff" on top I used
        long, black fur that I had left over from a gorilla costume. It looked
        really good. That might work for you too. Good luck. Poppy on Kauai

        >From: "susig" <Susig@...>
        >To: TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [TheCostumersManifesto] Roman Helmet Brisels
        >Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 19:06:16 -0000
        >
        >I am making some Roman helmuts and last year found some brooms that
        >when taken apart had a flexiable strip that could be inserted into the top
        >of the
        >helmut. So of course this year I can't find them anywhere.
        >
        >Does anyone have an alernative idea of what I can use?
        >
        >Thanks
        >Susi Geertsen

      • Randolph Keator
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 16, 2006
          This may sound weird but go to thomasbodyparts.com(at least I think that's
          still their site ) and check out wheel well deflectors. They're the brushes
          that line the the wheel wells on large trucks and trailers. Most likely
          you've seen them on many of the UPS rigs going up and down the road. I think
          they only come in black though.

        • Rebecca
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 16, 2006
            We made zebra manes once using some sort of thick flexible glue. I
            think it was just like the clear silicon caulk you use to seal a
            bathtub. Anyway, we built narrow forms with cardboard to hold about
            1/2 inch of the glue and then stood the cut off pieces from a broom
            upright in the channel and let it dry.

            When you figure it out, post a picture!

            ~ Becky

            --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, "eshchory"
            <eshchory@...> wrote:

            > I don't know if they would have long enough 'hairs' but you might
            consider
            > the brush strip you attach to the bottom of doors to make them
            > draught-proof.
            >

            > EstherS

            Center for