Roman Helmet Brisels

  • susig
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 14 11:06 AM
      I am making some Roman helmuts and last year found some brooms that
      when taken apart had a flexiable strip that could be inserted into the top of the
      helmut. So of course this year I can't find them anywhere.

      Does anyone have an alernative idea of what I can use?

      Thanks
      Susi Geertsen
    • eshchory
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 15 2:59 AM
        I don't know if they would have long enough 'hairs' but you might consider
        the brush strip you attach to the bottom of doors to make them
        draught-proof.

        EstherS

        I am making some Roman helmuts and last year found some brooms that
        when taken apart had a flexiable strip that could be inserted into the top
        of the
        helmut. So of course this year I can't find them anywhere.

        Does anyone have an alernative idea of what I can use?

        Thanks
        Susi Geertsen

        the performing arts
        Performing arts center

        Service.

      • Poppy Shell
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 15 2:13 PM
          ALOHA: I made a silver cloth Roman helmut, and for the "ruff" on top I used
          long, black fur that I had left over from a gorilla costume. It looked
          really good. That might work for you too. Good luck. Poppy on Kauai

          >From: "susig" <Susig@...>
          >To: TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: [TheCostumersManifesto] Roman Helmet Brisels
          >Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 19:06:16 -0000
          >
          >I am making some Roman helmuts and last year found some brooms that
          >when taken apart had a flexiable strip that could be inserted into the top
          >of the
          >helmut. So of course this year I can't find them anywhere.
          >
          >Does anyone have an alernative idea of what I can use?
          >
          >Thanks
          >Susi Geertsen

        • Randolph Keator
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 16 7:54 AM
            This may sound weird but go to thomasbodyparts.com(at least I think that's
            still their site ) and check out wheel well deflectors. They're the brushes
            that line the the wheel wells on large trucks and trailers. Most likely
            you've seen them on many of the UPS rigs going up and down the road. I think
            they only come in black though.

          • Rebecca
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 16 8:46 AM
              We made zebra manes once using some sort of thick flexible glue. I
              think it was just like the clear silicon caulk you use to seal a
              bathtub. Anyway, we built narrow forms with cardboard to hold about
              1/2 inch of the glue and then stood the cut off pieces from a broom
              upright in the channel and let it dry.

              When you figure it out, post a picture!

              ~ Becky

              --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, "eshchory"
              <eshchory@...> wrote:

              > I don't know if they would have long enough 'hairs' but you might
              consider
              > the brush strip you attach to the bottom of doors to make them
              > draught-proof.
              >

              > EstherS

              Center for