Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Swedish Renaissance

  • K Murphy
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 3, 2006
      Try a google image search for "Swedish folk costume" -- you'll get lots of hits. Folk costume changes little over the centuries. (One company that came up still sells authentic folk costumes and it's been in business since 1690!)

      You can also look in your local library or do an inter-library loan for folk costume books.

      Kimberly <syrilla27@...> wrote:
      Hello everyone,

      I am looking for any design info on the Sweds during the 1560 -
      1690's. I have a few people that will be portraying this nationality
      at a renaissance festival, and we are having a terrible time finding
      information of that nations costumes. Most of the Royal paintings
      look basicly like the English, French, and Spanish. We want them to
      stand out a bit....

      Any help would be appreciated!
      Kimberly

      Performing arts camp Performing arts schools School of performing arts Center for the performing arts Performing arts center

    • Spidra Webster
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 3, 2006
        You might also try searching under "folkdräkt", which is the Swedish
        word for folk costume.