More on the vinyl question

  • Curtis Kidd
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3, 2006
      > From: Jackie Mullen <jllodge@...>
      > Subject: Re: Vinyl Painting
      >
      > I have gone to the stores that sell paint for cars, there
      > is a vinyl paint for refreshing car interiors made of
      > vinyl. Also it seems to me that I recently saw a
      > commercial from Krylon paint that they have a new spray
      > paint on the line ment for plastics and vinly. I haven't
      > tried it though. Has anyone else seen this product or
      > was I just dreaming it?

      That is the 'Fusion' paint that was talked about in one of
      the other messages. Haven't had a chance to work with it,
      yet (it came out just before I had to do a project that
      involved painting several large plastic eggs...and they
      DIDN'T buy that paint, even though it was what I asked
      for-- so I had to repaint the eggs 2-3 times each week, all
      summer long...)

      Although I haven't tried it myself, I have heard nothing
      but good things about it. It should be noted, though, that
      plastic and vinyl are not necessarily the same thing, I
      don't know how well it would work on vinyl. I should have
      thought about vinyl-based paint; they use it in a lot of
      silk-screening, and I used to work for a screen-printing
      place...

      Curtis Kidd

      http://mail.yahoo.com