Re: Vinyl Painting

  • Jackie Mullen
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 2, 2006
      I have gone to the stores that sell paint for cars, there is a vinyl paint for refreshing car interiors made of vinyl. Also it seems to me that I recently saw a commercial from Krylon paint that they have a new spray paint on the line ment for plastics and vinly. I haven't tried it though. Has anyone else seen this product or was I just dreaming it?

      jackie

    • erndoggins
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 3, 2006
        --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, Jackie Mullen
        <jllodge@...> wrote:
        <snip>I recently saw a commercial from Krylon paint that they have a
        new spray paint on the line ment for plastics and vinly. I haven't
        tried it though. Has anyone else seen this product or was I just
        dreaming it? <snip>

        Yes, I've seen it and no, you're not dreaming. It's called Fusion. I
        just used some to refurbish a parasol frame that includes slick
        plastic, metal and wooden parts. It seems to be adhering nicely to
        everything. I followed the directions and wiped everything down
        lightly with paint thinner and used several thin coats of paint. No
        tedious sanding was required. It was available at our local JoAnn's
        Fabric Superstore.

        Roz