Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Regency Dress

  • Susan Cassidy
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 27, 2006
      Not having the pattern in front of me, the back extension is one of two things, I think: it could be the piece that drapes off the shoulders from the back of the neck to the bottom hem in the back, or it could be a piece that attaches to the pattern's skirt back to form a slight train. Good luck

    • Pat
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 27, 2006
        Hi Lynore,
        What's the pattern number?
        Pat

        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 1 8:19 PM
          Since you got a few different answers, and just in case you were
          actually working on Butterick pattern 6630, I finally found my
          instructions and the extensions are as follows: piece 9A, the lower
          back extension, attaches to the bottom of piece 9, 10A, the lower side
          back extension attaches to the bottom of piece 10, and so the "Back
          extension" if piece 25 is definitely what goes behind the grommets as
          a modesty panel.

          And if you aren't working on this particular pattern... well, maybe
          chances are that the piece would be called the same thing in another
          Butterick pattern. I have definitely saw this piece referred to as a
          back extension in some McCall's patterns. :-)

          Good Luck!

          Randi
          www.justsewsimple.com
        • Sherman, Talley and Raymond
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 28 12:06 PM
            I finally figured out the Robe ala francaise!
            I am working on a rather large felt peg wooden Queen ann doll and she will
            be dressed in a Robe a la Francaise.
            Julie