Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Re: A Dumb Request, No Doubt

  • Dianne Hartshorn
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 6, 2006
      I just tried the lnk for the fashion drawings and it didn't work.
      Has any one else tried it yet
      With Warmest Regards
      Dianne

      Not All Who Wander Are Lost
      J.R.R. Tolkien

      Take A Step Back In Time
      Visit Blanche's Place
      Vintage Inspired Clothing and Gifts
      http://www.blanchesplace.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 6, 2006
        You can also try an image search for paperdolls, there can be quite a few that are useable.
        Brad

        Just Sew Simple <randi@...> wrote:
        I got mine here: http://www.fashion-era.com/fashion_tutorials.htm. There
        are some CD's you can buy there, but there are free ones as well. I'm not
        sure if you download them, or if you just right-click and save.

        Randi

        > I'm interested in clothing design for women and am looking for just a
        > basic drawing of the female form I can download, copy, and use as a
        > based for some of the dress designs I have in mind, as I am not the
        > best sketch artist in the world. Would anyone know of such a place on
        > the internet?

        Performing arts camp Performing arts schools School of performing arts Center for the performing arts Performing arts center

      • You can ask, but I'll never tell
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 6, 2006
          Yes I have tried it. It didn't work for me either. I just deleted
          everything after the ".com" and it got me to the main site. Then you
          can just scavenge your way around it.

          Hope it works for you

          skittles

          --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, "Dianne Hartshorn"
          <kaseydog@...> wrote:

          > I just tried the lnk for the fashion drawings and it didn't work.
          > Has any one else tried it yet
          > With Warmest Regards
          > Dianne
          >
          > Not All Who Wander Are Lost
          > J.R.R. Tolkien
          >
          > Take A Step Back In Time
          > Visit Blanche's Place
          > Vintage Inspired Clothing and Gifts
          > http://www.blanchesplace.com

        • Dianne Hartshorn
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 6, 2006
            Thanks

            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 7, 2006
              I can vouch for the DesignNudes. Sketchpads were purchased for my Basic
              Costume Design class last Fall semester, and I've heard few lamentations
              about not being able to draw figures. One thing that's pleased me is how
              most of the students have used the figures as a starting point and
              advanced to a style of their own.

              ~lisa.s