Re: A Dumb Request, No Doubt

  • Just Sew Simple
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 6, 2006
      I got mine here: http://www.fashion-era.com/fashion_tutorials.htm. There
      are some CD's you can buy there, but there are free ones as well. I'm not
      sure if you download them, or if you just right-click and save.

      Randi

      > I'm interested in clothing design for women and am looking for just a
      > basic drawing of the female form I can download, copy, and use as a
      > based for some of the dress designs I have in mind, as I am not the
      > best sketch artist in the world. Would anyone know of such a place on
      > the internet?

    • Dianne Hartshorn
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 6, 2006
        I just tried the lnk for the fashion drawings and it didn't work.
        Has any one else tried it yet
        With Warmest Regards
        Dianne

        Not All Who Wander Are Lost
        J.R.R. Tolkien

        Take A Step Back In Time
        Visit Blanche's Place
        Vintage Inspired Clothing and Gifts
        http://www.blanchesplace.com
        are some CD's you can buy there, but there are free ones as well. I'm not
        sure if you download them, or if you just right-click and save.

        Randi

        > I'm interested in clothing design for women and am looking for just a
        > basic drawing of the female form I can download, copy, and use as a
        > based for some of the dress designs I have in mind, as I am not the
        > best sketch artist in the world. Would anyone know of such a place on
        > the internet?

        Center for the performing arts Performing arts center

      • Brad Gould
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 6, 2006
          You can also try an image search for paperdolls, there can be quite a few that are useable.
          Brad

          Just Sew Simple <randi@...> wrote:
          I got mine here: http://www.fashion-era.com/fashion_tutorials.htm. There
          are some CD's you can buy there, but there are free ones as well. I'm not
          sure if you download them, or if you just right-click and save.

          Randi

          > I'm interested in clothing design for women and am looking for just a
          > basic drawing of the female form I can download, copy, and use as a
          > based for some of the dress designs I have in mind, as I am not the
          > best sketch artist in the world. Would anyone know of such a place on
          > the internet?

          Performing arts camp Performing arts schools School of performing arts Center for the performing arts Performing arts center

        • You can ask, but I'll never tell
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 6, 2006
            Yes I have tried it. It didn't work for me either. I just deleted
            everything after the ".com" and it got me to the main site. Then you
            can just scavenge your way around it.

            Hope it works for you

            skittles

            --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, "Dianne Hartshorn"
            <kaseydog@...> wrote:

            > I just tried the lnk for the fashion drawings and it didn't work.
            > Has any one else tried it yet
            > With Warmest Regards
            > Dianne
            >
            > Not All Who Wander Are Lost
            > J.R.R. Tolkien
            >
            > Take A Step Back In Time
            > Visit Blanche's Place
            > Vintage Inspired Clothing and Gifts
            > http://www.blanchesplace.com

          • Dianne Hartshorn
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 6, 2006
              Thanks

              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 7, 2006
                I can vouch for the DesignNudes. Sketchpads were purchased for my Basic
                Costume Design class last Fall semester, and I've heard few lamentations
                about not being able to draw figures. One thing that's pleased me is how
                most of the students have used the figures as a starting point and
                advanced to a style of their own.

                ~lisa.s