A Dumb Request, No Doubt

  • Matthew Patton
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 4, 2006
      I'm interested in clothing design for women and am looking for just a
      basic drawing of the female form I can download, copy, and use as a
      based for some of the dress designs I have in mind, as I am not the
      best sketch artist in the world. Would anyone know of such a place on
      the internet?
    • Aurora Celeste
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 6, 2006
        Use Google or Google Image to look up the word croquis. It is the name of
        the female figure drawing you are looking for. It will come up with some
        great pages like these:

        http://www.taunton.com/threads/pages/t00147.asp
        http://www.alleycatscratch.com/ffashion/Figures.htm
        http://www.costumes.org/ADVICE/1pages/renderinglinks.htm

        Aurora

        On 2/5/06, Matthew Patton <flabigguy@...> wrote:

        > I'm interested in clothing design for women and am looking for just a
        > basic drawing of the female form I can download, copy, and use as a
        > based for some of the dress designs I have in mind, as I am not the
        > best sketch artist in the world. Would anyone know of such a place on
        > the internet?

      • Just Sew Simple
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 6, 2006
          I got mine here: http://www.fashion-era.com/fashion_tutorials.htm. There
          are some CD's you can buy there, but there are free ones as well. I'm not
          sure if you download them, or if you just right-click and save.

          Randi

          > I'm interested in clothing design for women and am looking for just a
          > basic drawing of the female form I can download, copy, and use as a
          > based for some of the dress designs I have in mind, as I am not the
          > best sketch artist in the world. Would anyone know of such a place on
          > the internet?

        • Dianne Hartshorn
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 6, 2006
            I just tried the lnk for the fashion drawings and it didn't work.
            Has any one else tried it yet
            With Warmest Regards
            Dianne

            Not All Who Wander Are Lost
            J.R.R. Tolkien

            Take A Step Back In Time
            Visit Blanche's Place
            Vintage Inspired Clothing and Gifts
            http://www.blanchesplace.com
            are some CD's you can buy there, but there are free ones as well. I'm not
            sure if you download them, or if you just right-click and save.

            Randi

            > I'm interested in clothing design for women and am looking for just a
            > basic drawing of the female form I can download, copy, and use as a
            > based for some of the dress designs I have in mind, as I am not the
            > best sketch artist in the world. Would anyone know of such a place on
            > the internet?

            Center for the performing arts Performing arts center

          • Brad Gould
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 6, 2006
              You can also try an image search for paperdolls, there can be quite a few that are useable.
              Brad

              Just Sew Simple <randi@...> wrote:
              I got mine here: http://www.fashion-era.com/fashion_tutorials.htm. There
              are some CD's you can buy there, but there are free ones as well. I'm not
              sure if you download them, or if you just right-click and save.

              Randi

              > I'm interested in clothing design for women and am looking for just a
              > basic drawing of the female form I can download, copy, and use as a
              > based for some of the dress designs I have in mind, as I am not the
              > best sketch artist in the world. Would anyone know of such a place on
              > the internet?

              Performing arts camp Performing arts schools School of performing arts Center for the performing arts Performing arts center

            • You can ask, but I'll never tell
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 6, 2006
                Yes I have tried it. It didn't work for me either. I just deleted
                everything after the ".com" and it got me to the main site. Then you
                can just scavenge your way around it.

                Hope it works for you

                skittles

                --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, "Dianne Hartshorn"
                <kaseydog@...> wrote:

                > I just tried the lnk for the fashion drawings and it didn't work.
                > Has any one else tried it yet
                > With Warmest Regards
                > Dianne
                >
                > Not All Who Wander Are Lost
                > J.R.R. Tolkien
                >
                > Take A Step Back In Time
                > Visit Blanche's Place
                > Vintage Inspired Clothing and Gifts
                > http://www.blanchesplace.com

              • Dianne Hartshorn
                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 6, 2006
                  Thanks

                  Message 8 of 8 , Feb 7, 2006
                    I can vouch for the DesignNudes. Sketchpads were purchased for my Basic
                    Costume Design class last Fall semester, and I've heard few lamentations
                    about not being able to draw figures. One thing that's pleased me is how
                    most of the students have used the figures as a starting point and
                    advanced to a style of their own.

                    ~lisa.s