RE: [TheCostumersManifesto] Digest Number 1479

  • fleatique.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2006
      OK!! :-)

      Lee (the flea) invites you to "shop buy" our house
      www.fleatique.com where crazed collector & chic recycler
      meet for ANTIQUES & COLLECTIBLES!

      From: Molly Dewane <mwprncra@...>

      Message: 1
      Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 08:13:10 -0800 (PST)
      From: Molly Dewane <mwprncra@...>
      Subject: Costumer and Director

      The ladies have an excellent point. Your frustration level will only
      increase if you say nothing. Take a deep breath and try to come from a
      calm, nondefensive corner. Calmly explain your issues to the director.
      If you think you need a referee, you might want to discuss the problem
      with the producer present, too. The producer is usually responsible for
      budget and timeline. I think it's perfectly reasonable to tell the
      director your limitations (e.g. basic costume if more people are added
      to a number) because of budget and your suggestions. I think it's
      insane and unprofessional for a director to keep adding people to a show
      already cast but we all know how directors can be. I think, though,
      that by and large, approaching the show as a collaborative project will
      serve you best. I've been there, believe me! Last year's "Into the
      Woods" was crazy because the director kept making it more and more
      elaborate. Sometimes going to Goodwill and picking up dishes to smash
      helps, too.
      :) Now I'm kidding! Hang in there!

      Molly
      www.mollydewane.com