Re: Munchkin skirts

  • Pierre & Sandy Pettinger
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 25 8:45 PM
      Buttonhole elastic is your friend. If you've never seen it, it's
      elastic with buttonholes in it about every inch or so. Get a huge
      spool of it from Greenberg & Hammer or somewhere like that online
      (G&H: <www.greenberg-hammer.com/store.asp?ItemID=456> 30 yd. roll is $19.80)

      You also get a supply of cheap 5/8" buttons. Cut the elastic longer
      than you need, and leave a slit in one seam to get the elastic
      thru. Sew the button to the inside of the casing. Button one end of
      the elastic to the button, thread it thru the casing, then button the
      other end at the point where it fits the actor. If the skirts (works
      for pants too) are full enough, you can just re-button the elastic to
      fit the next person.

      Sandy

      At 08:37 PM 1/24/2006, you wrote:
      >Hi Elizabeth:
      >
      >Cut your skirts with lots of fullness on an expandable waistband and
      >leave VERY deep hems (10" or so). Girls grow up much much faster
      >than they grown out. Plenty of high school girls have tiny waists,
      >not much larger than a five year old's. Elastic, if you're going
      >that route, can take up to about 60" of width in a lightweight
      >fabric before it starts to get too bunchy around the waist.
      > Kate
      >
      >catslave54 <zimmermanel@...> wrote:
      > Now if I could just find a Reality Spray to use
      >on this idiot director who thought 27 five-year-olds as Munchkins in
      >a high school production of Wizard of Oz was a good idea..Half my
      >budget building stuff too small to EVER use again..grumble,grumble...Elizabeth

      "Those Who Fail To Learn History
      Are Doomed to Repeat It;
      Why They Are Simply Doomed.

      Achemdro'hm