Back strain

  • David
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 16, 2006
      I had been sewing on standard industrial sewing machines for over 20
      years and had experienced moderate bouts of lower back and mid back
      discomfort over the years. I had tried every kind of chair known to
      man, and woman, assuming that this was the problem, but it never
      seemed to improve. It wasn't until I brought a friend of mine (a
      chiropractor) to work one day to show off my new work space that he
      suggested that the sewing machine table was about 3" shorter than it
      should be. Now while I am male, I can hardly be considered tall
      (5'9"), but once we adjusted the machine table legs to 3" higher I
      have never had back pain since. I didn't even have to adjust to the
      higher table, it seemed quite natural and comfortable from the get go.
      Not suggesting that this is the answer to everyone's back pain, but it
      certainly solved mine.

      Can't hurt to try,
      David Juby
      Head of Wardrobe