Re: line or underline?

  • Joe
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 14, 2006
      Lining the costume depends upon the type of use it is going to get.
      If the costume is going to be heavly altered it is best to flat-line the cut pieces before they
      are stitched together.
      If you want to launder the clothes repeadedly, be sure to wash and shrink fabric before
      construction.
      Costumes made for resale however should have a more finished look inside and out.
      So i always add a drop lining to it.
      Think simple, make a lining easy to remove and alter.