re:Financing costumes

  • Susan Cassidy
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 10, 2006
      That park director sounds like a major idiot. Too bad she' over your boss, Karen
      Why does hardly any theatre organization realize that anyone who works in theatre doesn't have a couple of extra hundred dollars just floating in their personal budget to expend on a theatrical production's requirements? I got tired of putting these things on my credit card and put my foot down this past summer. Cash advances of, say $250-300 at a time, depending on the budget, shouldn't be a big deal; just turn in the receipts, get another check. You hate to take the time away from getting the costumes done, but it might be a good compromise in your situation, Karen. Or if you deal with a few choice vendors, you might go the purchase order route. Then again, in light of your demonstrated amazingly wonderful record of accountability, they're being so unreasonable I'd be looking to get out of there!
      In a world where it gets harder and harder to find the materials and time needed to costume properly, we don't need the extra irritation.
      Vent over...
      Susan