Re: who gets paid??

  • nomacproductions2002
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 8, 2006
      I think all people on a production should get some reward for all
      the hard work that is involved in staging a production.
      I own a Theatrical Costume Company in Ireland. As there are only 3
      such firms in the country, I find it very difficult to get stsff(I
      am recruiting for staff at the moment)
      We are such a specialized industry, even the Tax Office cannot
      catogorize us!!!!!

      Blanaid

      --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, "Poppy Shell"
      <poppyshell@h...> wrote:

      > ALOHA: I am a costumer on the small island of Kauai and I'm
      thinking of
      > becoming a board member for our small local community theater.
      There has
      > been discussion on who should get paid for their work on plays for
      a small
      > group like ours. At this time, I think the only workers getting
      any pay at
      > all are the Director, Head of Set Construction, Costumer, and also
      with a
      > musical, the Music Director and Choreographer. Pay is not alot, I
      have
      > costumed a smaller play (like Dairy of Ann Frank) for $150 and a
      bigger
      > musical (King & I) for $750. I think the Director gets anywhere
      from $1000
      > for a smaller play up to $3,000 or more for a big musical.
      > If anyone on this list is part of a community theater which is non-
      profit,
      > do you know about this issue? Who gets paid? Any idea how much
      they get
      > paid? Especially if you are from a smaller community like ours
      (Our island
      > has a population of 50,000 or so, with around 10,000 tourists on
      hand also).
      > Does it make a big difference how big your attendence is? (Our
      smaller
      > plays will get a house of around 75-150 people in the audiance for
      a normal
      > play, while a big musical will get around 400-600 AND our latest,
      Beauty
      > and the Beast, broke all records with final two performances
      getting over
      > 1,000) We charge anywhere from $7 - $12 per adult ticket and do
      > fund-raisers to make our budget.
      > Any input would be greatly appreciated and thanks ahead of time.
      POPPY