Costume Shop Dissolution

  • John
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 6, 2006
      Hello,

      My name is John Josephson. I recently spoke to Tara Maginnis
      regarding a friend of mine who owns the American Costume Company in
      Denver Colorado. The time has come were the shop is being sold and
      Jill Owen has engaged my services to assist her in the sale.

      I am seeking knowledge on past costume shop inventory sales. The
      owner would ideally like to sell the lot in its entirety including
      the business. The building in Denver will also be for sale but is
      not necessarily tied to the sale of the shop… (Unless we find a
      Denver buyer who would like to keep the location (lease is possible
      also) I was wondering if anyone has been in this position before and
      could share what worked and what did not.

      The basic components of the shop can be found on the company's site…
      www.americancostume.com. Please keep in mind that this gives
      costumes and descriptions for the rental business. Some of the
      things you won't see include:

      • Costume Jewelry
      • Wigs and makeup
      • Accessories
      • Hats… hats and more hats
      • Full cast sets for productions such as the King & I and My
      Fair Lady to Name a Few.
      • Costume History Archive, books, documentations, patters, etc…
      • Historical uniforms, including a full suit of Armor
      • Ball gowns, many hand beaded

      As I explore the photo shoot I recently performed and from my
      experience living above the shop, I marvel at the vast collection
      its history and workmanship.

      I appreciate any thoughts on the subject.

      John

      denverjj@...
    • Nicole Case
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 8, 2006
        > The
        > owner would ideally like to sell the lot in its entirety including
        > the business.

        So, that means she (your friend) isn't really selling individual costumes
        (at regular price or at a discount) at this time, right?
        Well, if it does come down to that point (when you start selling your
        costumes individiually) please tell the groupd, because I may be interested
        in some parts of your collection.
        Nicole

      • Sylvia Rognstad
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 9, 2006
          I'm curious. How much is the owner asking for the sale and why is it
          being sold?

          Sylvia Rognstad
          Boulder