Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] mourning wardrobe

  • Rose
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 30, 2005
      http://www.funeralmuseum.org/pdf/mourning.pdf

      xochitl <kittykatx@...> wrote:
      Hi -
      I am making a mourning wardrobe for work and have driven myself
      crazy these last few months.Most of what I have found is in half
      mourning not full mourning. The time period I am looking for is 1870's.
      If anyone knows where to find info you would be my god/godess!

      Performing arts camp Performing arts schools Center for the performing arts Performing arts center

    • Paul Watson
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 31, 2005
        Hi.

        A good source as well would be a book entitled
        Mourning Dress, I am not at home at the moment so I
        don't have the particulars as to author and such, but
        if you do a search for Wes Turner OUtfitters, this is
        where I ordered my copy from. It is a fairly
        informative book, covering all the various stages of
        mourning as well as the differences in dress for
        mourning for a spouse or child as opposed to mourning
        for a distant relative.

        Hope this helps.

        Paul

        If you are Rootless with no network or extended family
        You can pickup and go , you will be the same anywhere
        Essentially you are choosing climate or cuisine.

        Unless you are that kind of Byronic Hero,
        we all exist within a web of connections

        Margaret Atwood