mourning wardrobe

  • xochitl
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 30, 2005
      Hi -
      I am making a mourning wardrobe for work and have driven myself
      crazy these last few months.Most of what I have found is in half
      mourning not full mourning. The time period I am looking for is 1870's.
      If anyone knows where to find info you would be my god/godess!
    • Rose
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 30, 2005
        http://www.funeralmuseum.org/pdf/mourning.pdf

        xochitl <kittykatx@...> wrote:
        Hi -
        I am making a mourning wardrobe for work and have driven myself
        crazy these last few months.Most of what I have found is in half
        mourning not full mourning. The time period I am looking for is 1870's.
        If anyone knows where to find info you would be my god/godess!

        Performing arts camp Performing arts schools Center for the performing arts Performing arts center

      • Paul Watson
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 31, 2005
          Hi.

          A good source as well would be a book entitled
          Mourning Dress, I am not at home at the moment so I
          don't have the particulars as to author and such, but
          if you do a search for Wes Turner OUtfitters, this is
          where I ordered my copy from. It is a fairly
          informative book, covering all the various stages of
          mourning as well as the differences in dress for
          mourning for a spouse or child as opposed to mourning
          for a distant relative.

          Hope this helps.

          Paul

          If you are Rootless with no network or extended family
          You can pickup and go , you will be the same anywhere
          Essentially you are choosing climate or cuisine.

          Unless you are that kind of Byronic Hero,
          we all exist within a web of connections

          Margaret Atwood