Moulin Rouge Masked Ball

  • kentelo
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 8, 2002
      There has been quite bit of interest expressed in the costumes
      from "Moulin Rouge", and Phantom of the Opera". If you happen to live
      in the Los Angeles area, there will be an event that combines aspects
      of both! A Moulin Rouge Masked Ball! I personally know the committee
      that presents these parties and have attended dozens of them. There
      is always a live orchestra, and 90% of the guests come in period
      costume. I am forwarding the edited text of the Planner's
      announcement:

      Spectacular! Spectacular!
      Social Daunce Irregulars Announce Their Most Outrageous Ball Yet!

      Mesdames et Messieurs, Meine Damen und Herren, Ladies and Gentlemen!
      Spend an evening reveling in fin de siecle divine decadence at the
      Social Daunce Irregulars' Moulin Rouge Ball, March 16th, 2002, at
      the
      Pasadena Masonic Lodge, 200 S. Euclid (corner of Euclid and Cordova).

      Join the starving poets and dancing girls of the Moulin Rouge and rub
      shoulders with soignée aristocrats, soldiers, and other night
      society
      as we dance the most popular and daring dances of 19th century Paris.
      And don't forget to wear your mask—this Bal Masque offers a level
      of
      protection for all bankers, lawyers and others desirous of an
      evening's anonymity away from prying eyes. Whether tinker, tailor,
      soldier or spy, with an escort or looking for adventure, our lips are
      sealed—at least from 8:00 p.m. until midnight!

      Go to the Web site at
      http://www.lahacal.org/sdi.html for more information.