Re: stones

  • Flapper Gal
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 7, 2002
      Finally! Something I can help with :) I've collected
      the URLs of a couple sites for the time when I'll
      finally get around to replacing the lost stones in my
      vintage jewelry. (Whenever *that* might be!)

      This place was recommended by a few people on a
      vintage list that isn't around anymore, but supposedly
      he is very good...
      http://www.sparklz.com/matt/stone2.htm

      This site tells you how to work with them - if you are
      using foiled stones Do Not use regular glue or E6000.
      Found this out the hard way a while back :/ She has
      something called Hypnoglue which you are to use with
      foil stones. -
      http://www.sparkleplenty.com/info/clean.htm

      I just love the drapey collars here. It's not what
      you are looking for, just fun to peek at -
      http://www.ronsrhinestones.com/

      Hopefully these will help some if you don't find
      enough vintage jewelry to pick apart :)

      Moxie

      --- neimhaille <vcairistiona@...> wrote:
      > > I wondered if anybody knows where I can find cut
      > glass stones (with no holes) similar to the vintage
      czech stones found in costume jewellry?

      http://greetings.yahoo.com
    • hermoine_hamster
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 14, 2002
        Thanks Moxie and everyone for your help with the stones, the
        firemountain website is awesome and the sparklz website is so cool! I
        have also moved onto the idea of using some chandelier glass in my
        creations. When I have finished anything worth looking at I'll let
        you know!

        Cheers everyone, Love Olivia
      • SANDIE ROSE

          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 14, 2002

              SANDIE ROSE <lilrosiejane@...> wrote:

            please remove me from your e-mail listing

            thank you

            sandie rose

              hermoine_hamster <jettri@...> wrote:

            Thanks Moxie and everyone for your help with the stones, the
            firemountain website is awesome and the sparklz website is so cool! I
            have also moved onto the idea of using some chandelier glass in my
            creations. When I have finished anything worth looking at I'll let
            you know!

            Cheers everyone, Love Olivia

          • Julia Logan Trimarco
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 24, 2002
              >From: "hermoine_hamster" <jettri@...>
              >To: TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com
              >Subject: [TheCostumersManifesto] hi
              >Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2002 11:07:58 -0000
              >
              >I wondered if anybody knows where I can find cut glass stones (with
              >no holes) similar to the vintage czech stones found in costume
              >jewellry?

              Here are several suppliers in the garment district. If you are at all near
              the New York area, I would recommend the trip. It is hard to tell the real
              color and luster of stones by looking at pictures. If you can't make it
              there, several of these businesses do mail order. Some stores, however,
              only sell by the gross. I have noted so, where I am familiar with their
              policies (I spent a short time shopping for a theatrical costumier in the
              city). When you call, you can always ask if they have a minimum order. I
              think you'll find a full range, from the highest quality Swarovski crystals,
              to the least expensive.

              Elliot, Greene & Co, Inc.
              37 West 37th St.
              212.391.9075
              wholesale only

              Fred Frankel & Sons, Inc.
              Jeweltrim Inc.
              Jewel Fastener Corp.
              19 West 38th St.
              info@...
              212.840.0810

              Joyce Trimming Inc.
              109 West 38th St.
              www.HiJoyce.com
              mark@...
              212.719.3110

              M & J Trimming
              1008 6th Ave.
              www.mjtrim.com
              212.391.9072

              Mayer Import Co., Inc.
              25 West 37th St.
              212.391.3830
              www-mayerimport.com
              mayerimport@...
              gross minimum on some items

              New York Beads Inc.
              1026 6th Ave.
              212.382.2994

              36 Trimming Corp.
              230 West 38th St.
              646.728.0300
              gross minimum

              Toho Shoji Inc.
              990 6th Ave.
              212.868.7465

              Hope this helps!

            • Beth Starbuck
              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 29 4:32 AM
                hi I just joined this eGroup....  and I think I successfully posted a message already but I got an email that said :

                "To start sending messages to members of this group,
                simply send email to TheCostumersManifesto@egroups.com"

                So I am doing that now....

                do you need anything else from me ???

                thanks, Beth
              • brij1000
                Message 7 of 10 , Aug 9, 2006
                  hi

                  i am new to your group & i like designing dresses.

                  can any body send me any site where i can submit my design for other
                  people or company.

                  Thank you.

                  Regards

                  brij