A question about cloth weaves

  • Theresa Roden
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 7, 2005
      A friend and I were discussing the uniform coats worn by the Victorian Royal Navy. Neither of us are familiar with the term "tabby weave."

      Can anyone help us.

      Theresa R.

    • Anne Murphy
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 7, 2005
        Tabby weave is another phrase for plain weave - the basic over/under
        you are most used to.

        Anne

        On 11/7/05, Theresa Roden <troden56@...> wrote:
        > A friend and I were discussing the uniform coats worn by the Victorian Royal Navy. Neither of us are familiar with the term "tabby weave."
        >
        > Can anyone help us.
        >
        > Theresa R.

      • Loretta Armstrong
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 7, 2005
          I weave! I know!
          A tabby is- plain weave. Over and under. Nothing fancy. Your plain cotton broadcloth is tabby. Jeans are twill.
          Odd, though, usualy tabby refers to when you have to weave plain within a patten to prevent 'floats'.

          Theresa Roden <troden56@...> wrote:
          A friend and I were discussing the uniform coats worn by the Victorian Royal Navy. Neither of us are familiar with the term "tabby weave."

          Can anyone help us.

          Theresa R.

          Fibre Arts, a cappella, costuming, and fun!
          http://www.laminathegreat.com

          Read and comment on your scriptures daily.
          http://www.weblayouts.net/scriptures