Re: hi

  • hermoine_hamster
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 7, 2002
      I have got some costume jewellery but I want a variety of different
      shapes and colours, I especially want the larger stones, with pointed
      backs (faceted all over), I don't mind if they are foiled or not.

      You mentioned spotlight - what is that?

      I do go to every charity shop, boot fair, antique fair and flea market
      that I hear about in order to search out stones. I would buy real
      gemstones if I could afford it :)

      I want the stones to start making tiaras mainly - you know the type
      that you imagine in a pirates haul or in fairy stories. I already do
      beading - especially the wire weaving stuff and the loom stuff, but I
      want to branch out into more 'sparkly' stuff and concentrate on tiaras
    • Flapper Gal
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 7, 2002
        Finally! Something I can help with :) I've collected
        the URLs of a couple sites for the time when I'll
        finally get around to replacing the lost stones in my
        vintage jewelry. (Whenever *that* might be!)

        This place was recommended by a few people on a
        vintage list that isn't around anymore, but supposedly
        he is very good...
        http://www.sparklz.com/matt/stone2.htm

        This site tells you how to work with them - if you are
        using foiled stones Do Not use regular glue or E6000.
        Found this out the hard way a while back :/ She has
        something called Hypnoglue which you are to use with
        foil stones. -
        http://www.sparkleplenty.com/info/clean.htm

        I just love the drapey collars here. It's not what
        you are looking for, just fun to peek at -
        http://www.ronsrhinestones.com/

        Hopefully these will help some if you don't find
        enough vintage jewelry to pick apart :)

        Moxie

        --- neimhaille <vcairistiona@...> wrote:
        > > I wondered if anybody knows where I can find cut
        > glass stones (with no holes) similar to the vintage
        czech stones found in costume jewellry?

        http://greetings.yahoo.com
      • hermoine_hamster
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 14, 2002
          Thanks Moxie and everyone for your help with the stones, the
          firemountain website is awesome and the sparklz website is so cool! I
          have also moved onto the idea of using some chandelier glass in my
          creations. When I have finished anything worth looking at I'll let
          you know!

          Cheers everyone, Love Olivia
        • SANDIE ROSE

            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 14, 2002

                SANDIE ROSE <lilrosiejane@...> wrote:

              please remove me from your e-mail listing

              thank you

              sandie rose

                hermoine_hamster <jettri@...> wrote:

              Thanks Moxie and everyone for your help with the stones, the
              firemountain website is awesome and the sparklz website is so cool! I
              have also moved onto the idea of using some chandelier glass in my
              creations. When I have finished anything worth looking at I'll let
              you know!

              Cheers everyone, Love Olivia

            • Julia Logan Trimarco
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 24, 2002
                >From: "hermoine_hamster" <jettri@...>
                >To: TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com
                >Subject: [TheCostumersManifesto] hi
                >Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2002 11:07:58 -0000
                >
                >I wondered if anybody knows where I can find cut glass stones (with
                >no holes) similar to the vintage czech stones found in costume
                >jewellry?

                Here are several suppliers in the garment district. If you are at all near
                the New York area, I would recommend the trip. It is hard to tell the real
                color and luster of stones by looking at pictures. If you can't make it
                there, several of these businesses do mail order. Some stores, however,
                only sell by the gross. I have noted so, where I am familiar with their
                policies (I spent a short time shopping for a theatrical costumier in the
                city). When you call, you can always ask if they have a minimum order. I
                think you'll find a full range, from the highest quality Swarovski crystals,
                to the least expensive.

                Elliot, Greene & Co, Inc.
                37 West 37th St.
                212.391.9075
                wholesale only

                Fred Frankel & Sons, Inc.
                Jeweltrim Inc.
                Jewel Fastener Corp.
                19 West 38th St.
                info@...
                212.840.0810

                Joyce Trimming Inc.
                109 West 38th St.
                www.HiJoyce.com
                mark@...
                212.719.3110

                M & J Trimming
                1008 6th Ave.
                www.mjtrim.com
                212.391.9072

                Mayer Import Co., Inc.
                25 West 37th St.
                212.391.3830
                www-mayerimport.com
                mayerimport@...
                gross minimum on some items

                New York Beads Inc.
                1026 6th Ave.
                212.382.2994

                36 Trimming Corp.
                230 West 38th St.
                646.728.0300
                gross minimum

                Toho Shoji Inc.
                990 6th Ave.
                212.868.7465

                Hope this helps!

              • Beth Starbuck
                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 29, 2002
                  hi I just joined this eGroup....  and I think I successfully posted a message already but I got an email that said :

                  "To start sending messages to members of this group,
                  simply send email to TheCostumersManifesto@egroups.com"

                  So I am doing that now....

                  do you need anything else from me ???

                  thanks, Beth
                • brij1000
                  Message 8 of 10 , Aug 9, 2006
                    hi

                    i am new to your group & i like designing dresses.

                    can any body send me any site where i can submit my design for other
                    people or company.

                    Thank you.

                    Regards

                    brij