Re: Problem - gummed needle

  • Kacie Hultgren
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 6, 2002
      << Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2002 04:02:53 -0000
      From: "keziamara" <keziamara@...>
      Subject: Probem - gummed needle

      This is about sewing. I bought "confetti dot", a black knit with
      small gold spangles glued on. When I went to sew it, I found it gums
      up the needle so badly within about 4 inches that the thread won't
      catch, and it just won't sew. Has anyone else ever run into this
      problem? Any suggestions? I tried hand sewing, but even that is
      really tough.>>

      I used to work at a fabric store... and I can't actually personally vouch
      for the product, but my co-workers always recommeded a product called
      "Sewers Aid." You put in on the needle, and it's supposed to stop gumming.
      It's a dritz product I believe (although the equivalent exists in other
      brands I'm sure.) It's in a clear liquid in a bottle that looks like fray
      check. It's cheap - a buck or two - and might be worth checking out.

      ~Kacie