Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] resumes

  • Rose
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 9, 2005
      http://blueprint.bluecrossmn.com/topic/agediscrim;$sessionid$VC3J5OAAAAE4OCTYAIUDMGQ

      In addition to leaving dates off the resume, taylor your resume for the intended recipient and edit out traing/experiences that do not apply to the position. It will make you look "best" qualified rather than "over" qaulified.

      Sylvia Rognstad <sylvia@...> wrote:
      I am starting to send out some job applications for teaching/design
      positions. I've been out of the academic arena for some time but have
      decided I want to try to get back into it. I am wondering if I need to
      put dates on resumes, since I am quite over the hill. I know that age
      discrimination is illegal, but there are lots of ways to get around it.
      I stopped putting graduation dates on my resumes some time ago, but
      have continued to use them when listing the jobs I have held. Do you
      think it's necessary to use any dates at all?

      Sylrog
      aka Sylvia Rognstad

      Performing arts camp Performing arts schools School of performing arts Denver performing arts complex Center for the performing arts Performing arts center