resumes

  • Sylvia Rognstad
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 7, 2005
      I am starting to send out some job applications for teaching/design
      positions. I've been out of the academic arena for some time but have
      decided I want to try to get back into it. I am wondering if I need to
      put dates on resumes, since I am quite over the hill. I know that age
      discrimination is illegal, but there are lots of ways to get around it.
      I stopped putting graduation dates on my resumes some time ago, but
      have continued to use them when listing the jobs I have held. Do you
      think it's necessary to use any dates at all?

      Sylrog
      aka Sylvia Rognstad
    • costumes
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 7, 2005
        Just be prepared to submit your CV for some teaching positions. Some
        places want you to account for your entire employment history, others
        want only all educationally related experience. Regular resumes do not
        need dates, but CV's do.

        I am starting to send out some job applications for teaching/design
        positions. I've been out of the academic arena for some time but have
        decided I want to try to get back into it. I am wondering if I need to
        put dates on resumes, since I am quite over the hill. I know that age
        discrimination is illegal, but there are lots of ways to get around it.
        I stopped putting graduation dates on my resumes some time ago, but
        have continued to use them when listing the jobs I have held. Do you
        think it's necessary to use any dates at all?

        Sylrog
        aka Sylvia Rognstad

        Get fast access to your favorite Yahoo! Groups. Make Yahoo! your home
        page http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/xX1wlB/TM
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 7, 2005
          I do have a CV to send. I hadn't thought about needing dates on it.
          Is that the generally accepted opinion?

          On Oct 7, 2005, at 10:06 AM, costumes wrote:

          > Just be prepared to submit your CV for some teaching positions. Some
          > places want you to account for your entire employment history, others
          > want only all educationally related experience.  Regular resumes do
          > not
          > need dates, but CV's do.

        • Rose