Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Re: seamstress

  • Renee Schmutz
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 6, 2005
      I can't help with finding a seamstress, since I'm not from that area, but I
      do have a question/suggestion...

      It seams to me that covering and altering an existing corset might be at
      least very very tricky, and to be honest, I'm not certain you can *lengthen"
      an already finished corset. (since the boning is already of a certain
      length)

      But I was wondering about the possibility of making a complete
      over-dress, or if you already have some type of skirt then an over-bodice,
      that has the styling and look you want, with poofy sleeves and all, and
      wearing it over the corset, so that you have the shape you want.

      Just a suggestion :) I hope it all works out for you!

      Renee