Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Re: seamstress

  • Renee Schmutz
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 6, 2005
      I can't help with finding a seamstress, since I'm not from that area, but I
      do have a question/suggestion...

      It seams to me that covering and altering an existing corset might be at
      least very very tricky, and to be honest, I'm not certain you can *lengthen"
      an already finished corset. (since the boning is already of a certain
      length)

      But I was wondering about the possibility of making a complete
      over-dress, or if you already have some type of skirt then an over-bodice,
      that has the styling and look you want, with poofy sleeves and all, and
      wearing it over the corset, so that you have the shape you want.

      Just a suggestion :) I hope it all works out for you!

      Renee

      > --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, "thejoshuagoldberg"
      > <thejoshuagoldberg@y...> wrote:
      >> Hey all!
      >>
      >> I was wondering if any of you know of a seamstress in NYC that can
      > help
      >> me make my Halloween costume? It's actually something really easy; I
      >> just don't wan't to do it cuz I'm afriad of ruining the corset that I
      >> bought cuz it was $$$. My friends and I are doing like a wacky
      > version
      >> of ALice in Wonderland with me as the Queen of Hearts. I already
      >> bought this great sort of tu-tu short skirt that poofs out to
      >> oblivian. Next thing I'm going to do is create a sort of bustle with
      >> read velvet to go over it. So what I want to do is cover the corset
      >> with that velvet (corset is originally green satin) and elongat it so
      >> that it can go from my hips to over the bust and add sleeves so it's
      >> more like a full top. So if any of you can help me find some one I
      >> would be oh so greatful. Thanks!
      >

      > Fibre Arts, a cappella, costuming, and fun!
      > http://www.laminathegreat.com
      >
      > Read and comment on your scriptures daily.
      > http://www.weblayouts.net/scriptures
      >
      > What if you had the chance to relive your past, only you didn't want to?
      > http://timespan20.blogspot.com

      > Yahoo! Groups Links
      >

      > --

    • Crystal Denton
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 6, 2005
        I would do it, but I am not in New York, you may need to ship it out somewhwere if you
        can't find someone there.

        Crystal