Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Re: seamstress

  • Renee Schmutz
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 6, 2005
      I can't help with finding a seamstress, since I'm not from that area, but I
      do have a question/suggestion...

      It seams to me that covering and altering an existing corset might be at
      least very very tricky, and to be honest, I'm not certain you can *lengthen"
      an already finished corset. (since the boning is already of a certain
      length)

      But I was wondering about the possibility of making a complete
      over-dress, or if you already have some type of skirt then an over-bodice,
      that has the styling and look you want, with poofy sleeves and all, and
      wearing it over the corset, so that you have the shape you want.

      Just a suggestion :) I hope it all works out for you!

      Renee

      > --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, "thejoshuagoldberg"
      > <thejoshuagoldberg@y...> wrote:
      >> Hey all!
      >>
      >> I was wondering if any of you know of a seamstress in NYC that can
      > help
      >> me make my Halloween costume? It's actually something really easy; I
      >> just don't wan't to do it cuz I'm afriad of ruining the corset that I
      >> bought cuz it was $$$. My friends and I are doing like a wacky
      > version
      >> of ALice in Wonderland with me as the Queen of Hearts. I already
      >> bought this great sort of tu-tu short skirt that poofs out to
      >> oblivian. Next thing I'm going to do is create a sort of bustle with
      >> read velvet to go over it. So what I want to do is cover the corset
      >> with that velvet (corset is originally green satin) and elongat it so
      >> that it can go from my hips to over the bust and add sleeves so it's
      >> more like a full top. So if any of you can help me find some one I
      >> would be oh so greatful. Thanks!
      >

      > Fibre Arts, a cappella, costuming, and fun!
      > http://www.laminathegreat.com
      >
      > Read and comment on your scriptures daily.
      > http://www.weblayouts.net/scriptures
      >
      > What if you had the chance to relive your past, only you didn't want to?
      > http://timespan20.blogspot.com

      > Yahoo! Groups Links
      >

      > --

    • Crystal Denton
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 6, 2005
        I would do it, but I am not in New York, you may need to ship it out somewhwere if you
        can't find someone there.

        Crystal
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 6, 2005
          For future reference - you might want to look for help like this
          *before* October. Most of the costumers in this city who do that kind
          of work are already booked up for the month.

          Try Craig's List. You never know...

          Good luck with it!

          Anne