Grading ruler

  • peggy salvail
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 3 9:00 AM
      Speeking of knocking off and grading up patterns, we are in need of a
      grading ruler and instruction book. My daughter had one but loaned it out
      and it never returned to her. Does anyone know where we can get one
      either new or used would be fine. We have looked on the net but the site
      we found was for bulk order. We don't need 50 to 100 of them we just need
      1. We are enjoying all the great info on setting up a shop as we are in
      the mist of doing so. Take care Peggy

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Laurie Taylor
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 3 9:43 AM
        Peggy,

        If you are referring to the basic plastic ruler - generally somewhat
        square in shape, with the grid in 1/16" increments, I've always been
        able to get them through the bookstore at FIDM in Los Angeles. I don't
        have contact info at the moment, but I believe they have a website, and
        contact info should be there.

        If you don't have any success there, let me know. I might have an extra
        ruler in my studio - I had several available for my students at one
        time. I can look later today.

        As for instructions, would something like Jack Handford's pattern
        grading book work? It's not an instruction manual for a ruler or
        grading machine, but a good, basic reference for all types of pattern
        grading. I can send you more info, also later today, if you like.

        Laurie T.
        Phoenix

        +Speeking of knocking off and grading up patterns, we are in
        +need of a grading ruler and instruction book. My daughter had
        +one but loaned it out and it never returned to her. Does
        +anyone know where we can get one either new or used would be
        +fine. We have looked on the net but the site we found was for
        +bulk order. We don't need 50 to 100 of them we just need 1. We
        +are enjoying all the great info on setting up a shop as we are
        +in the mist of doing so. Take care Peggy
        +

        10/3/2005