  • Sylvia Rognstad
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 30, 2005
      I use this method a lot, but have found that even when you think you
      are being very careful, comparing measurements, etc., that it is still
      necessary to make a mock-up of the garment afterward. I recently made
      what seemed to be a very simple sundress for a client this way. I
      thought it was so simple that I didn't need to make a mock-up and
      unfortunately there were fitting problems that couldn't be corrected.
      The dress looked pretty good but was not as perfectly fitting as it
      should have been and could have been had I made a mock-up before
      cutting the real fabric.

      Sylrog