  • Curtis Kidd
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 29, 2005
      > From: Hapy2BHome@...
      > Subject: Re: About Ringo's coat...
      >

      > and he also said he'd send
      > along his old jacket for me to look at.

      You could take the old jacket apart for a pattern. I've
      had to do that with several costume pieces we've replaced
      over the last year. Not only does it give you a pattern,
      it saves you time in tailoring, because all the right
      darts, pleats, gathers, etc etc are already marked for you.
      Just make sure you keep track of how it all goes to gether
      if you take that approach...trying to guess how somebody
      else put together a jacket can get frustrating sometimes!

      As you disassemble the jacket, just trace the pieces off
      onto butcher paper, write down any specifics that should be
      noted, etc...the butcher paper will last longer than the
      tissue paper you'll find in most patterns, and you can
      either keep it for future reference, or give it to him with
      the jacket so he's got it on file for his future reference.

      Curtis Kidd

      http://mail.yahoo.com