Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Pirate Coats

  • Siebel San
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 28, 2005
      > I lengthened the back when I made this vest. I thought
      > it looked
      > strange the other way.
      > I intend to make another of these pirate coats, and
      > would like to line
      > it this time. Any pointers?
      >
      > Denise

      Hello Denise,
      I used unbleached muslin (because that's what it looks like
      in the movie). I just used the coat pieces, godets, and
      sleeves pieces, sewed them together like I did the coat,
      inserted the lining into the assembled coat wrong sides
      together, then put in the facing and cuffs, and then hemmed
      the bottom. Whew!
      All the best,
      Jessica

      “If the world could have seen what I have seen, feel what I have felt, there would be no more war, only love.” -MLC

      Yahoo! for Good