Crystals vs. nailheads

  • Curtis Kidd
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 5, 2005
      > From: Kathryn Parke <kjp1685@...>
      > Subject: Re: Digest Number 1366
      >
      > I'm thinking of going w/ the Swarovski Nailheads, as
      > opposed to the rhinestones -- would you agree w/ Cat that
      > they provide lots of glitter?

      I don't know, I've never used them (in fact, I'm not sure
      I've ever seen them...if I have, I did not hear them called
      by that name). The thing I love about the crystals is the
      way the facetting catches and reflects the lights...we have
      even used them as part of our makeup designs for Halloween
      shows (a drop of prosthetic adhesive on the back of the
      crystal, and a drop on the skin...let the adhesive dry, put
      the two together, and you're in pretty good shape! They
      aren't guaranteed to stay there, especially if the
      performer sweats heavily...but they do a pretty good job!)

      I have seen people use a combination of crystals and
      cup-sequins, which turns out pretty well. I'd guess that
      the nailheads would turn out very well.

      Curtis Kidd