Hot knife and jewel set.... RE: [TheCostumersManifesto] Re: Jewels

  • Cat Devereaux
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 3, 2005
      >> So my question is Were can I
      buy one of these hot knife tools that I hear everyone talking

      You may have what you need at home... If you've got a soldering iron with
      changeable tips you should just go to your local hobby store or hardware
      store.... and by tips. If you have the Bejewler kit we've just been talking
      about from creative crystal you just buy the tips.

      Just so folks know what I'm talking about I'm pulling up some images. These
      are just what google up the fastest... no recommendation implied one way or
      the other...

      Hot knife: http://www.hobbico.com/tools/hcar0770.html Note: it looks
      like... and is... an exacto knife on a soldering gun. Note beside it on the
      top picture that the little soldering tip is laying beside it. 2nd note...
      this is the bottom end of a hot knife and not what is used in FX work for
      cutting/sculpting large bits of foam... you can goggle for those tools under
      hot knife and see the difference.... but this is all you need to do the
      basics.

      http://store.artcity.com/xac-73780.html is in fact the same product by
      exacto

      OK... pictures aren't as clear here... but here's dremels kit, with tools
      for woodburning/leather decoration... and also just the hot knife tip..
      http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=dremel+hot+knife&hl=en&lr=&sa=N&tab=ff&o
      i=froogler

      Have fun!

      -Cat-