Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] teardrop net

  • Sally
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 2, 2005
      Glitter glue? Just off the top of my head.

      --Sally

      On Sep 2, 2005, at 2:16 PM, Sylvia Rognstad wrote:

      > Has anyone seen the net they sell at Joanns that has little teardrops
      > on it? I think it is so cool and since I have a stock of net already,
      > am wondering if I could make the teardrops myself. I thought it would
      > make good fairy costumes for Halloween. Hot glue beads well but I
      > don't think it is transparent enough. Anyone have any suggestions?
      >
      > Sylrog

      > ~-->
      > Life without art & music? Keep the arts alive today at Network for
      > Good!
      > http://us.click.yahoo.com/FXrMlA/dnQLAA/Zx0JAA/xX1wlB/TM

    • Loretta Armstrong
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 2, 2005
        Hey there!! I keep answering your questions.... 8-P
        I'm doing some bridal alterations right now and occasionaly we have to glue those stones back onto veils. I don't know the brand name, but there is a glue that we use. It's thicker than superglue, less 'intense' than E600. Comes in a black tube. It will be tuesday before I'm back there and can find a brand name.
        Sewing around my ever expanding belly is certianly an adventure.... 8-)
        Loretta

        Sylvia Rognstad <sylvia@...> wrote:
        Has anyone seen the net they sell at Joanns that has little teardrops
        on it? I think it is so cool and since I have a stock of net already,
        am wondering if I could make the teardrops myself. I thought it would
        make good fairy costumes for Halloween. Hot glue beads well but I
        don't think it is transparent enough. Anyone have any suggestions?

        Sylrog

        -"Baby Animal!" says Baby Kermit. "You were this Lamina the Great?"
        -"Why of course," replies the pretend vampire. "Lamina is Animal
        spelled backwards!!"
        --Muppet Babies

        Come visit laminA's newly remodeled home!
        www.laminathegreat.com

      • Sylvia Rognstad
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 2, 2005
          Thanks, Loretta, but I'm thinking of a clear paint or glue that you can
          use a bead of to make the stone itself. Seems like it should be
          possible.

          Sylrog

          On Sep 2, 2005, at 2:06 PM, Loretta Armstrong wrote:

          > Hey there!! I keep answering your questions.... 8-P
          > I'm doing some bridal alterations right now and occasionaly we have
          > to glue those stones back onto veils. I don't know the brand name, but
          > there is a glue that we use. It's thicker than superglue, less
          > 'intense' than E600. Comes in a black tube. It will be tuesday before
          > I'm back there and can find a brand name.
          > Sewing around my ever expanding belly is certianly an adventure....
          > 8-)
          > Loretta
          >

          > Sylvia Rognstad <sylvia@...> wrote:
          > Has anyone seen the net they sell at Joanns that has little teardrops
          > on it?  I think it is so cool and since I have a stock of net already,
          > am wondering if I could make the teardrops myself. I thought it would
          > make good fairy costumes for Halloween.   Hot glue beads well but I
          > don't think it is transparent enough.  Anyone have any suggestions?
          >
          > Sylrog
          >

          > -"Baby Animal!" says Baby Kermit. "You were this Lamina the Great?"
          > -"Why of course," replies the pretend vampire. "Lamina is Animal
          > spelled backwards!!"
          > --Muppet Babies
          >
          > Come visit laminA's newly remodeled home!
          > www.laminathegreat.com

          > Performing arts camp
          > Performing arts schools
          > School of performing arts
          > Denver performing arts complex
          > Center for the performing arts
          > Performing arts center
          >
          > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
          >
          > ▪  Visit your group "TheCostumersManifesto" on the web.

          > Service.

        • Cat Devereaux
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 2, 2005
            >>Thanks, Loretta, but I'm thinking of a clear paint or glue that you can
            use a bead of to make the stone itself. Seems like it should be
            possible.

            You could always get into clear resin casting the little drops... but at
            that point, I'd think cost and time would make it better just to buy them.

            -Cat-