Functional Cod piece

  • Susan
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2005
      I'm looking for instructions or a pattern for Renaissance style
      tights with a functional cod piece. Can anyone help?

      Susan
    • Irmgart
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 1, 2005
        your best bet? Janet Arnold's Patterns of Fashion (it's a *really* good book
        with scale drawings and pattern pieces)

        Here is a scan of one of the (at least 3) codpieces in the book. This is
        either the Eric or Nils Sture codpiece, I don't remember which one:

        http://pics.livejournal.com/thalionar/pic/0004g3yy/g4

        and the lining of the pants they attach to:
        http://pics.livejournal.com/thalionar/pic/0004hc7e/g4

        and my husband in the pants and codpiece I made (rassing frassing thing took
        4 hours of hand sewing):
        http://pics.livejournal.com/thalionar/pic/00024e10/g4

        I really need a better picture of it :)

        -Irmgart