Why Cato's Toga Was Black?

  • jayceenep@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 30, 2005
      I always thought that it was just the emperor who could wear a black or dark
      purple toga. Otherwise, black was a sign of mourning. However, I think I
      also remember reading somewhere that black could be worn in a crisis.

      Maybe that's why the black; Cato perceived Rome to be in a crisis situation.

      Of course, just because I "read it somewhere" doesn't mean it's valid. lol

      Wanna
      http://wannainelpaso.com