Drawing your own face?

  • Gerrie
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 27, 2005
      Hi,
      Had seen on the CostumersManifesto under make-up designs that students
      had done make-up from a personal drawing/themselves, does anyone know
      a quick way to draw a realistic self portrait?
      Thanks in advance!
      Ger
    • llsturts@greatlakes.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 28, 2005
        Easiest way is to take a head shot photo of yourself, then with tracing
        paper, trace your basic features. Then, if you want the image bigger, just
        enlarge it on a copy machine. I have my makeup students do this. Laura
        Thudium's book, Stage Makeup: The Actor's Complete Step-By-Step Guide to
        Today's Techniques and Materials. (Watson-Guptill Publications/Back Stage
        Books ISBN: 0-8230-8839-1) shows doing this.

        ~lisa.s