More on Music Man

  • Curtis Kidd
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 27 10:26 AM
      > From: "serenpoly" <Elizabeth_McCrary@...>
      > Subject: Re: The Music Man
      >
      > Another suggestion for band uniforms, if your timing is
      > right, is to
      > borrow from a local school. (A group in town here did MM
      > this
      > summer, and were able to use nice ones from the high
      > school. But if
      > you need them during football season, you're probably out
      > of
      > luck...) Again, however, these are cheap, mail-order
      > uniforms
      > (probably are made of shoddy fabric and trim, and don't
      > fit too
      > well), so they don't have to look really spiffy.

      A college production I saw last winter used some of the old
      marching band uniforms (a lot of college bands have changed
      uniforms at least two or three times, and they often keep
      the old ones floating around somewhere in storage...not
      that they'll ever pull them out again, because they usually
      replace them either because the uniform style is out of
      date or the majority of the uni's are too worn--but that
      many uniforms is a sizeable investment and it's hard to
      justify tossing them in the trash to a board of directors).
      You may check with the college band directors in your area
      (or even the high schools, there are numerous high school
      bands in my area) and see if they've got enough old uni's
      that you can borrow/rent real cheap.

      Curtis Kidd

      http://mail.yahoo.com