Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Another sewing machine question

  • Randolph Keator
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 20, 2005
      From: <Alainngeal@...>
      To: <thecostumersmanifesto@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Friday, August 19, 2005 3:01 PM
      Subject: [TheCostumersManifesto] Another sewing machine question

      Hi Fairchild. Long time, no hear from you (~; I chose a Bernina to use as
      the workhorse at home. I do specialty alterations from home and for the
      money I think it was the best choice. Plus it's upgradable and the dealer
      where I purchased it will gladly let me "trade up" when the time comes, if
      it does. My 1st choice was a Singer, same as many of the schools use but the
      Bernina had some capabilities the Singer did not.
      Is the circa 1920's a treadle machine ? I have a 1916 New Home ( Singer
      took them over) and a 1918 Singer. Some parts can be obtained through sewing
      machine repair shops and some I've had to make myself. Singer did have a
      parts locater service. Try them @ Singer .com or Google for sewing
      machines/parts. Good luck(~;
      Randy