Re: Brand spanking new sewing machines

  • Pierre & Sandy Pettinger
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 5, 2005
      Not digital - not for a shop. In our house we have a 12-yr old Janome
      digital (mine, does small embroidery, I love it!), a Husqvarna Designer 1
      (digital, hubby's, does all our serious embroidery - he loves it, I hate
      it), and an old Kenmore at least 20-25 years old non-digital (was my first
      machine). The Kenmore has its problems (the feed keeps going out) but it
      will sew thru anything, and took way more abuse than it should have. I've
      sewed upholstery fabric, leather (even rawhide shoe soles, with the right
      needle), and 12 layers of canvas with it. When you hit something hard with
      it, all that happens is the needle breaks. My digital, blinks "overload"
      and I have to turn it off and rethread it. For students and a production
      shop, think.....KISS.

      Sandy

      At 08:08 AM 8/3/2005, you wrote:
      >We are in the market for new sewing machines-- perhaps digital and I was
      >wondering about recommendations from other costumers, or people who really
      >get a lot of use out of their machines. We don't want to go industrial,
      >but are looking for some good domestic models with a history of longevity
      >and being user/student friendly. Any suggestions?

      "Those Who Fail To Learn History
      Are Doomed to Repeat It;
      Why They Are Simply Doomed.

      Achemdro'hm