Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] speaking of sewing machines....

  • Crystal Denton
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 5, 2005
      Stay away from Pfaff. That company has changed hands many many times, and it is not the
      machine it once was. Bernina is the only company that is still made in the original maufacturer,
      and with the original owner. The newer Pfaffs seem to have lots of problems and are in the
      repair shop alot. The salesmen will tell you all sorts of stuff that just isn't true about the
      computerized machines. But trust me whem I say...They DON't really go through 12 layers of denim,
      at least not in a real project where it counts. Big mechanical motor with speed is what counts,
      not a bunch of frills you never use. And I have found Bernina to have the straightest stitch around.
      I have owned several models and brands in my life and always come back to Bernina's basic
      models, stable models.

      Crystal
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 5, 2005
        The only digital machine that I have ever heard of in a costume shop
        that was not hated by everyone was a Bernina that was dedicated strictly
        to buttonholes. There are 15 machines in our shop that are used
        regularly, all year long. Half of them are industrial, love them all.
        The others are Bernina 1008 and the like, of a variety of ages. Some
        are close to 30 years old and going strong. I continue to select them
        for their longevity AND ease of use. Yes, I am a Bernina fan. Besides,
        it's great to have many of the same machines so that the attachments are
        interchangeable.
        Good luck!

        jimmysdevoted@... wrote:

        > i too love the older machines. I have a 1916 Singer that runns but
        needs a
        > tune up!!!! talk about durability.. hand embroidery is a lost art
        too...
        > julie

        cribe>

        Yahoo! Groups Links