skin adhesives

  • Kathleen Kinard
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 5, 2005
      So, I am brainstorming for a couple of masquerade
      costumes- and I want something sparkly and magical,
      whatever i end up going with... Several years ago, I
      attempted a 'necklace' of plastic rhinestones attached
      with spirit gum... (dont know the age of the spirit
      gum, I had pilfered it from our theatre department
      *dont worry, I put it back!*) Anywho- it looked pretty
      long enough to take pictures, but as soon as I started
      to move and my skin flex, off the started to fall...
      now, superglue would work, yes, but is it worth the
      pain (literally and figuratively) when it comes time
      to remove them? I'm hoping to adhere sparkly bits to
      my face and 'bosom'...

      Thanks for the help!

      Kathleen

      (x-posted to Costuming)
    • R.Sitter

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 5, 2005
          This is more of an alternative solution...
          Henna artists like to use a technique called "guilding." You make a paste of rice paste, other fun things, and some shiny make up. It looks smashing and will bend and flex. It peels off well or can be washed of with water. Extensive instructions are found at the henna page. http://www.hennapage.com/henna/how/gilding/
          Give it a shot!!
          Loretta

          Kathleen Kinard <belle_vivre@...> wrote:
          So, I am brainstorming for a couple of masquerade
          costumes- and I want something sparkly and magical,
          whatever i end up going with...
          Thanks for the help!

          Kathleen

          -"Baby Animal!" says Baby Kermit. "You were this Lamina the Great?"
          -"Why of course," replies the pretend vampire. "Lamina is Animal
          spelled backwards!!"
          --Muppet Babies

          Come visit laminA's newly remodeled home!
          www.laminathegreat.com