Machines for University

  • David
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 4 5:37 AM
      Just curious as to why you don't want industrial machines? Is costume
      construction not a part of your curriculum, or do you merely support a
      performance program?

      David Juby
      Head of Wardrobe
      Sheridan College
    • Pam Richey
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 4 5:56 AM
        We do have costume construction in our curriculum, which supports
        our performance program. We have a handful of industrial Singers and
        are looking to replace our domestics. Our domestics are our "bread and
        butter" so to speak in both our shop and curriculum. I start students
        on the domestics and move them up to industrials in the second session.
        Also, our shop is small enough that it can't handle the bulk and noise
        of going all industrial. We keep most of them across the hall in an
        annex space. I do prefer to work on an industrial-- Bernina's and
        Juki's have been my favorites.

        Pam R.