Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Costuming Portfolio

  • Julia Trimarco
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 13, 2005
      any tips, suggestions, advice on how to get together a good cotuming portfolio? layout, stuff to include, paper portfilio and online?

      Ideally, you want to show the costuming process in your portfolio, so if you can show your design rendering, some fabric swatches, and a photo of the finished costume, that is ideal. For a few things I've made I was also able to add clippings of newspaper reviews that included pictures. If there was any relevant publicity material for the show poster, postcards, etc. that showed your design work, that might be fun to include, too.

      Also, overall, the portfolio should show as much variety as your experience allows. It should also be in a flexible format to allow you to tailor it to each interview, depending on the kind of project for which you are applying.

      -Julia