Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Wanted: swords!

  • Theresa Roden
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 7, 2005
      Have you checked with your local SCA chapter (Society of Creative Anachronism) to see if they might have anything available?

      Theresa R.

      ladydautevielle <ladydautevielle@...> wrote:
      Hi,

      We've been able to costume our film, but we still need swords!
      Preferably claymores and rapiers, if anyone is interested in lending a
      hand. We will return the swords after we are done filming. Please
      let us know if anyone is interested in helping out. We are on the Big
      Island of Hawai'i, so if there is anyone out there on-island, that
      would be best, but we're obviously open to anything!

      Thanks.

      Yahoo! Groups Links

    • K L
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 7, 2005
        Um...no. They're for separate scenes, in different
        time periods. I'm a Scottish studies and war history
        major. I'm quite familiar with the uses of the
        swords.

        -lady

        http://auctions.yahoo.com/
      • llsturts@greatlakes.net
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 8, 2005
          Check out Weapons of Choice: <http://weaponsofchoicetheatrical.com/> they
          rent, very reasonable. If they don't have in stock what you need, they'll
          build it. They have several "grade" of weapons, from those that are just
          for show to those especially for stage combat, plus a line for reenactors.

          ~lisa.s

          > We've been able to costume our film, but we still need swords!
          > Preferably claymores and rapiers, if anyone is interested in lending a
          > hand. We will return the swords after we are done filming. Please
          > let us know if anyone is interested in helping out. We are on the Big
          > Island of Hawai'i, so if there is anyone out there on-island, that
          > would be best, but we're obviously open to anything!

          ---
          *llsturts@...