Wanted: swords!

  • ladydautevielle
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 6, 2005
      Hi,

      We've been able to costume our film, but we still need swords!
      Preferably claymores and rapiers, if anyone is interested in lending a
      hand. We will return the swords after we are done filming. Please
      let us know if anyone is interested in helping out. We are on the Big
      Island of Hawai'i, so if there is anyone out there on-island, that
      would be best, but we're obviously open to anything!

      Thanks.
    • Theresa Roden
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 7, 2005
        Have you checked with your local SCA chapter (Society of Creative Anachronism) to see if they might have anything available?

        Theresa R.

        ladydautevielle <ladydautevielle@...> wrote:
        Hi,

        We've been able to costume our film, but we still need swords!
        Preferably claymores and rapiers, if anyone is interested in lending a
        hand. We will return the swords after we are done filming. Please
        let us know if anyone is interested in helping out. We are on the Big
        Island of Hawai'i, so if there is anyone out there on-island, that
        would be best, but we're obviously open to anything!

        Thanks.

        Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Irmgart
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 7, 2005
          eeep!

          I apparently missed what the film is about!

          sorry I can't help, but please tell me you won't be using the
          claymores against the rapiers!!!

          -Irmgart (imagining epees and schlagers snapping left and right)

          On 7/6/05, ladydautevielle <ladydautevielle@...> wrote:
          > Hi,
          >
          > We've been able to costume our film, but we still need swords!
          > Preferably claymores and rapiers, if anyone is interested in lending a
          > hand. We will return the swords after we are done filming. Please
          > let us know if anyone is interested in helping out. We are on the Big
          > Island of Hawai'i, so if there is anyone out there on-island, that
          > would be best, but we're obviously open to anything!
          >
          > Thanks.
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • K L
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 7, 2005
            Um...no. They're for separate scenes, in different
            time periods. I'm a Scottish studies and war history
            major. I'm quite familiar with the uses of the
            swords.

            -lady

            http://auctions.yahoo.com/
          • llsturts@greatlakes.net
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 8, 2005
              Check out Weapons of Choice: <http://weaponsofchoicetheatrical.com/> they
              rent, very reasonable. If they don't have in stock what you need, they'll
              build it. They have several "grade" of weapons, from those that are just
              for show to those especially for stage combat, plus a line for reenactors.

              ~lisa.s

              > We've been able to costume our film, but we still need swords!
              > Preferably claymores and rapiers, if anyone is interested in lending a
              > hand. We will return the swords after we are done filming. Please
              > let us know if anyone is interested in helping out. We are on the Big
              > Island of Hawai'i, so if there is anyone out there on-island, that
              > would be best, but we're obviously open to anything!

              ---
              *llsturts@...