RE: Feather in Hair

  • Curtis Kidd
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 21, 2005
      > From: "Anna M.C." <annamc@...>
      > Subject: Feathers in hair
      >
      > Hello,
      >
      > I'm throwing together a saloon girl costume for a
      > convention event.
      > I've seen a lot of pictures where the girls have feathers
      > in their
      > hair, somehow inserted into the updo so they stand
      > vertically. What's
      > the easiest way to get feathers to stay in the hair?

      We have done that same look several times in the Old West
      show we sometimes do at the park. I *think* (haven't
      looked at one in a while because we haven't done the show
      in two years) that we attached them to a comb, then added a
      barrette for extra stability. It would DEFINITELY hold for
      what you're talking about (the show was singing and dancing
      out on the street of 'Pioneer Village'...and the dancing
      was not just your step-touch stand-and-sing type of stuff,
      some of it was really demanding). I can get you a pic of
      what we did, if you'd like.

      Curtis Kidd

      Yahoo! Sports
      http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com