Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Misc. Stuff/resetting synthetic hair

  • Randolph Keator
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 20 6:46 AM
      Hi Sue. I have several showgirl wigs which need to be reset ocassionally and
      use steam to accomplish it. The amount/time needed for the steamt to work
      it's magic depends on the type of monofilament used for the piece an the
      type of set you are trying to remove/reset. Usually takes about 4-5 to about
      8-10 minutes for the old set to relax from the steam but use patience and
      the steam carefully. The filiment is a type of nylon (dynel) and will
      literally MELT if it gets to hot but heat is about the only way the reset
      can be accomplished. (~; Randy